pxdrive.com -> Shannon Tweed
|Shannon Tweed Page: 1|
Actress and model Shannon Tweed picture(s)/pic(s), wallpaper and photo gallery.
Birth name: Shannon Lee Tweed.
Born: March 10, 1957 St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.
Measurements: 36DD" - 25" - 36".
Height: 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m).
Weight: 128 lb.
Shannon Tweed biography (bio):
Shannon Lee Tweed is a Canadian actress and model. One of the most successful actresses of mainstream erotica, she is identified with the genre of the erotic thriller.
Tweed was born in St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, to a mink rancher father. She was raised in Whitbourne, Newfoundland, and Labrador, on a mink ranch. She has six brothers and sisters. Shannon graduated from Mount Royal Collegiate in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan and later she became involved in beauty pageants at a young age. In 1977 Shannon was crowned Miss Ottawa Valley and eventually went on to place 4th at the Miss Canada Pageant. She also won the talent award at the national pageant singing Olivia Newton-John's "I Honestly Love You".
After the Canadian wish-fulfillment TV series Thrill of a Lifetime arranged for her to pose for Hugh Hefner's Playboy, she gained fame as the Playmate of the Month for the November 1981 issue (photographed by Richard Fegley) and eventually the Playmate of the Year for 1982. She was briefly involved with Hugh Hefner at that time. Since then, Tweed has primarily acted in TV series such as the HBO comedy 1st and Ten, the prime-time soap opera Falcon Crest and guest appearances on Frasier, as well as B movies. Tweed also appeared in an episode of The Dukes of Hazzard in the seventh and final season. In 1985, she landed a role on Days of our Lives as Savannah Wilder, a character who was working under Victor Kiriakis and through whom Steve "Patch" Johnson was introduced. She remained with the show until 1987.
Her first major theatrical film appearance was in the teen sex comedy Hot Dog... the Movie in 1984. Since then, Tweed has appeared in over 60 films, including Detroit Rock City, produced by Gene Simmons in 1999. She is one of the best known actresses of mainstream erotica, and she is identified with the genre of the erotic thriller, a point she makes in her autobiography--most notably her movies The Surrogate and Night Eyes 2 & 3. She occasionally acts with her younger sister, Tracy Tweed, and has also appeared in Playboy photo spreads with her.
In 2006 Tweed authored an autobiography, Kiss and Tell, published by Phoenix Press.
Tweed has lived with Gene Simmons of KISS since 1985. Simmons has voiced his opposition to the institution of marriage in his writings. Their two children are Nicholas (born January 22, 1989) and Sophie (born July 7, 1992). The family members currently star in a reality television show on A&E entitled Gene Simmons Family Jewels. She also has a younger sister, Tracy (b. May 10, 1965), who is an actress. They shared the screen in the film Night Eyes 3 and Tracy occasionally makes appearances on Family Jewels.
Due to her last name and love of tweed fashions, her signature catchphrase is "Tweed! Fashions co."
Appearances in Playboy special editions:
* Playboy's Women of Television 1984.
* Playboy's Blondes, Brunettes & Redheads July 1985.
* Playboy's Book of Lingerie Vol. 2 March 1987 - cover.
* Playboy's Wet & Wild Women July 1987 - page 36.
* Playboy's Women on the Move September 1988.
* Playboy's Book of Lingerie Vol. 6 March 1989.
* Playboy's Book of Lingerie Vol. 10 November 1989.
* Playboy's Blondes, Brunettes, Redheads February 1990.
* Playboy's Nudes October 1990.
* Playboy's Sisters March 1992 (with her sister Tracy Tweed).
* Playboy's Blondes, Brunettes & Redheads August 1993.
* Playboy's Beauty Queens August 1994.
* Playboy's Wet & Wild Playmates September 1994 - pages 12-13.
* Playboy's Nudes November 1994 (with her sister Tracy Tweed).
* Playboy's Hot Denim Daze May 1995 - page 44 (with her sister Tracy Tweed).
* Playboy's Nude Celebrities June 1995.
* Playboy's Playmates in Bed February 1999 - pages 18-19.
* Playboy's Celebrating Centerfolds Vol. 2 April 1999 - pages 18-19.
* Playboy's Book of Lingerie Vol. 76 November 2000.