pxdrive.com -> Marc Broussard
|Marc Broussard Page: 1|
Music singer and songwriter Marc Broussard picture(s)/pic(s), wallpaper and photo gallery.
Born: January 14, 1982.
Marc Broussard biography (bio):
Marc Broussard is an American singer and songwriter. His style is best described as "Bayou Soul," a mix of funk, blues, R&B, rock, and pop, matched with distinct Southern roots.
The Louisiana native released his first major album, Carencro, (with Island Records) on August 3, 2004. The album's title pays tribute to the musician's hometown of Carencro, Louisiana.
Broussard previously released several independent efforts, including 2002's Momentary Setback which spawned the hit "The Wanderer", a song about self discovery. A re-worked version of the song appears on Carencro. In 2007, he released S.O.S.: Save Our Soul, an album consisting almost entirely of cover songs. The album was his first to reach the top 100 of the Billboard 200 in the U.S., debuting and peaking at #96: this had the effect of "graduating" him from the Top Heatseekers chart, which consists of albums by artists who have never reached the top 100 before.
* Was part of the Christian band, Y.
* His father is Louisiana Hall of Fame guitarist Ted Broussard.
* Has a son named Gavin. Marc wrote "Gavin's Song" for him. Also has another young son, Gibb.
* Has toured with Maroon 5, Willie Nelson, Bonnie Raitt, Dave Matthews Band, Will Hoge, Gavin DeGraw, and Citizen Cope among others.
* Doesn't have a great interest in computers or the internet - [yet he has a huge presence on MySpace.com].
* On her 'Addicted' summer tour, Kelly Clarkson covered Broussard's song "Home" during a majority of the shows she played. video
* He got married on the Rock Boat VII in the Caribbean to the mother of his 2 children.