pxdrive.com -> Kris Kross
|Kris Kross Page: 1|
Music rap duo Kris Kross picture(s)/pic(s), wallpaper and photo gallery, albums covers pictures.
Kris Kross was a teenage rap duo of the early 1990s most famous for wearing their clothes backwards. The two members of Kris Kross were Chris (Mac Daddy) Kelly, born August 11, 1978 (1978-08-11) (age 29) in Atlanta, Georgia, USA, and Chris (Daddy Mac) Smith, born January 10, 1979 (1979-01-10) (age 28), also in Atlanta.
Kelly and Smith were discovered in 1991, at the age of 13, at Greenbriar Mall in Atlanta, Georgia, by Jermaine Dupri. Dupri thought the duo "looked like a rap group," and came up with the gimmick of having the two wear their clothes backwards. The duo's album, Totally Krossed Out, was released in 1992 and sold more than four million copies. It included the hit single "Jump", which sampled the Jackson 5's "I Want You Back," and stayed at number one on the Billboard charts for eight weeks. This landed them a spot on Michael Jackson's European tour that year as well as a cameo appearance on Michael Jackson's "Jam" video and made a two-part appearance on the 90s sitcom A Different World playing thugs. They have also appeared on In Living Color
In 1992, at the peak of their popularity, a video game was released starring the pair titled Kris Kross: Make My Video. It was released on the Sega CD system, and consisted of the player editing together the group's music videos to a few of their hit songs using portions of the original music videos, stock footage, and general video animation effects. Players were prompted before each edit session to make sure to have certain footage compiled into the video. The game was released only in the United States and to very lackluster sales figures and dismal reviews. It was ranked 18th on Electronic Gaming Monthly's list of the "20 Worst Games of All Time".
Released in 1993, a second album, entitled Da Bomb failed to match their early success even though it had more 'hardcore' lyrics directed at their critics. Also that year the duo starred in a television commercial to advertise the soft drink Sprite. 1996 saw the release of their final album Young, Rich and Dangerous which was even less successful than Da Bomb.
* The two make appearances on Michael Jackson's Jam video, Run DMC's Down with the king and Dj Nab's Live megamix.
* The two have been neighborhood friends since they were very young.
* Chris Smith is a mixed-race caucasian/black and Chris Kelly is black.
* A popular rumor is that Chris Kelly suffered from leukemia and lost his hair, due to the fact that he appears with no hair in the music videos for Tonite's Tha Nite and Live and die for hip hop, however Kelly never had leukemia, he has alopecia, a disease that causes hair loss.
* The two are planning to make a comeback in late 2007 with the single 'Back on the Grind'.
-Chris "Mac Daddy" Kelly.
-Chris "Daddy Mac" Smith.